HUMBUG AGM on 2008-09-20
(Wiki edition created and posted by Matthew Franklin. I would like to also thank Simon Ellis and Greg Black for making sure the information was correct. I would also like to thank Mark Ellem and James for changes. Example "president points out that closing time creates difficulties for exec members to commit to 12pm closing time, also may cause exec possibilities to not go for exec membership." was changed to "President points out that closing time creates difficulties for Exec members to commit to 12am closing time, also may cause possible Exec candidates to not go for Exec membership." If you want to know the difference you can read Scott's original document.)
- Meeting started at 18:00. President Clinton Roy Opens and Chairs Meeting.
- Attendies: Approximately 24.
- Known Attendies:
- Clinton Roy (President)
- James Iseppi (Vice President)
- Scott Wilson (Secretary)
- Elspeth Thorne (Treasurer)
- Mark Ellem (Librarian)
- Matthew Franklin
- Russell Stuart
- Greg Black
- Gary Curtis
- Stephen Thorne
- Byron Crowe
President Report: Clinton Roy presented his President's report (see attached). Stephen Thorne moves to accept report seconded by James McPherson. Passed unopposed.
- Vice President: James Iseppi delivers report (which the secretary didn't write any minutes for) Matthew Franklin moves to accept - Russell Stewart seconds. Passed unopposed.
- Secretary's Report: We have 45 members. He talked about the Secretary duties such as PO box and new member inquiries. Also pointed out that PO box was paid for with secretary's credit card, reimbursed by cheque. Russell Stuart moved to accept, Matthew Franklin seconds. Passed unopposed.
- Treasurers Report (see attached) Greg Black moves, Matthew Franklin seconds. Passed unopposed.
Librarians Report (see attached) James McPherson moves to accept, Matthew Franklin seconds. Passed unopposed.
Confirmation of minutes of last AGM
President Clinton Roy proposes that previous meetings be accepted. James McPherson moves, Greg Black seconds. Passed unopposed.
- President Clinton Roy introduces a motion to change the closing time changes. Proposed time change from midnight to 10:30pm. Pack up to start at 10pm, out of the room by 10:30.
- Background: President points out that closing time creates difficulties for Exec members to commit to 12am closing time, also may cause possible Exec candidates to not go for Exec membership.
- Clinton Roy moves, Greg Black seconds, motion defeated.
- Garry Curtis places motion to floor. Modification on the previous motion where we could have a variable close time. Closing time could be anywhere between 10:30pm and 12:00am, depending on when the Execs wanted it closed. Notification must be placed on the board at the beginning of a meeting.
- Russell Stuart seconds.
- Motion passed.
- Clarification of earlier rule - assigning "trusted people" to pack up and close the meeting in executive absence by Byron Crowe - this was passed 2 AGM's ago.
- Russell thanks executive for running the AGM - points out that he has been to a few OS AGM's and ours is, in his opinion, one of the best.
President Clinton Roy called for the elections.
- President: Gary Curtis nominates Clinton Roy for President. Greg Black seconds. Clinton Roy accepts. Clinton states he is an idiot and gives okay to secretary for this to be included in minutes.
- Matthew Franklin nominates James Iseppi. Byron Crowe seconds. James Iseppi accepts.
- Stephen Thorne nominates Russell Stuart. Russell declines.
Clinton Roy nominates Murray McCallister. Stephen Thorne seconds. Murray declines.
- Result: Vote ends in James Iseppi favour. Clinton 9 vs James 13.
- Clinton has decided on 20 lashes to be self-administered. Gives okay to secretary for this to be included in minutes.
Vice President: James nominates Murray McCallister. Clinton seconds. Murray accepts.
- James Iseppi nominates Mark Ellem. Matthew Franklin seconds. Mark accepts.
Stephen Thorne nominates Elspeth Thorne. James McPherson seconds. Elspeth accepts.
- Result: Vote ends in Mark's favour. Murray 6, Elspeth 3, Mark 11. Mark is passed as Vice President.
- Secretary: Gary Curtis nominates Clinton Roy, Elsie seconds, Clinton accepts.
- James Iseppi nominates Scott Wilson, Matthew Franklin seconds. Scott accepts.
- Scott wins Secretary vote.
- Treasurer: Matthew Franklin nominates Elspeth Thorne, Greg Black seconds. Elspeth accepts.
- Russell nominates Clinton Roy. Clinton declines
- Stephen Thorne nominates Greg Black. Greg declines.
- Elspeth elected unopposed.
- Librarian: James Iseppi nominates Matthew Franklin. Mark Ellem seconds. Matthew accepts.
Clinton Roy nominates Murray McCallister. Greg Black seconds. Murry McCallister declines.
- Elsepth nominates Clinton Roy. Clinton declines.
- Matthew campaigns, points out he has worked at a library, knows book repair.
- Matthew Franklin elected unopposed.
New Exec decided.
- Sysadmin Role.
- Exec to decide.
- James Iseppi starts discussion on internet access at meetings. SSH access brought up. As we are getting the account for free, the UQ admin isn't inclined to make this happen. Show of hands for SSH support.
- Russell Stuart to give a talk showing how to get SSH access in meetings.