Executive Meeting 05/Mar/2011
- Regular Agenda
- Outstanding Action Items from previous minutes
- General Business
Meeting opened at :30 PM by Russell Stuart.
- Russell Stuart (President)
- Mark Ellem
- Matthew Franklin
- Clinton Roy
- Greg Black (Family Emergency)
Accepting Previous Minutes
MOTION raised by Russell Stuart to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Mark Ellem. Passed unanimously.
Summary of club finances of all sources from 11/12/2011 to 05/03/2011
Current bank account balance: $6766.58. Current cash box balance: $50.00
Opening Balance (Bank account + cash box): $6816.58
Income from all sources: $20.00 Expenses: $0.00
Closing Balance (Account + cash box) as of 19/02/2011: $6836.58
Description of activities
Income consists of 1 renewing membership, making the total $20.00.
As far as I'm aware, there has been no expenses made during this period.
Activity on the bank account consists of a direct deposit of $20.00 for membership mentioned above and the cashing of the cheque for the PO Box renewal.
Excess float of $61.05 has been banked. There is now $50.00 in float in the cash box.
MOTION raised by Mark Ellem to accept the report, seconded by Russell Stuart. Passed unanimously.
Vice President's Report
Meeting Numbers: Approx numbers are 15 on average.
Numbers: We have currently 18 members of which there is 2 new member and 16 renewing member. Only 1 member has joined up since the last exec meeting.
MOTION raised by Matthew Franklin to accept the report, seconded by Mark Ellem. Passed unanimously.
This is my second Presidents report for this term.
Committee reports submitted at the last Exec meeting:
Vice President: done & accepted by the exec. Secretary: done & accepted by the exec. Treasurer: not done. Librarian: done & accepted by the exec.
Briefly, things that have happened in the last 3 months:
- LCA 2011 was held successfully, despite the weathers best efforts.
- UQ O'Week activities. Macro suggested we hand out some left over some Schwag from LCA. He then managed to put us in contact with the school administrators at ITEE. In the mean time Clinton got in contact with the a UQ computer club. Between them we got ourselves in front of two ITEE O'Week induction classes, and on an O'Week stand at market day. Clinton did almost all of the leg work on the 3 days. A big thank you to Clinton.
Finally, the next exec meeting is this Saturday, the 2011-03-05 at 2 PM, just prior to the normal meeting. All are welcome to attend.
MOTION raised by Russell Stuart to accept the report, seconded by Matthew Franklin. Passed unanimously.
Outstanding Action Items from previous minutes
- PO Box renewal arrived. Russell to ask St Lucia /
- Russell Stuart moves that payment(ss) for PO Box expenses up to $250 be pre-approved. Seconded by Matthew Franklin. Passed unanimously.
- Russell to contact UQ and St Lucia West post offices to see if they have a PO Box available. If so we will move Humbug's PO Box to the new post office - UQ preferred. Otherwise we will put ourselves on a waiting list for UQ.
- Russell to send an email to general, reminding people to become financial members.
- Russell to contact ITEE school, asking who is using Ubunutu.
- Matthew to start with room allocations for the next six months.
The next Executive meeting is pencilled in to be held at 2 PM on Saturday 11/June/2011.
The meeting was closed by Russell Stuart at 2:50 PM