Executive Meeting 25/Jun/2011
- Regular Agenda
- Outstanding Action Items from previous minutes
- General Business
Meeting opened at 2:30 PM by Russell Stuart.
- Russell Stuart (President)
- Mark Ellem
- Matthew Franklin
- Simon Ellis
- Greg Black
- Stephen Thomas
Accepting Previous Minutes
MOTION raised by Russell Stuart to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Stephen. Passed unanimously.
Bank Balance: $6786.58 Cash Box: $90.00
Income since last Executive Meeting: $40.68 Expenses since last Executive Meeting: $148.00
Total Position (with income and expenses): $6769.26
Description of Activities
There has been 2 new memberships totaling $40.00 and interest on the bank account of 68 cents. We have also bought a folding trolley to carry equipment for $49.00. There is also the expense of yearly rental on the new PO Box at St Lucia which is $99.00
MOTION raised by Mark Ellem to accept the report, seconded by Russell. Passed unanimously.
Vice President's Report
The numbers don't look good. I am projecting at this time that we might get about 23 members before the next AGM down from 42 members last year.
We started out 16 less then what we had last year (29 vs 13). This time last year we had 6 new members with a total of 41 members. The results for this year are 2 new members and a total of 20 members.
Most new and renewing memberships happen at the AGM. So the numbers are really dependant on the AGM. If we get low turnout this year we will have less members for next.
MOTION raised by Matthew Franklin to accept the report, seconded by Russell. Passed unanimously.
MOTION raised by Greg Black to accept the report, seconded by Matthew. Passed unanimously.
Outstanding Action Items from previous minutes
Arranging for bank statements to be emailed
Mark, Russell and Stephen to meet at 12 PM Sat 25 June, at the Commonwealth Bank Branch in Indooroopilly Shopping Centre to arrange to get the bank statements emailed to the email@example.com alias.
Getting a wheeled box / trolley
- Russell moved the Executive pre-authorise payment of up to $100 for a box on wheels for the meeting gear. Seconded by Mark. Passed unanimously.
- Greg moves that we remove the PO box information from the wiki, and not to renew next year due to lack of use/need, seconded by Mark. Passed unanimously.
- Greg suggests renewal notices for everyone who has been a financial member in the last 2 years, minus current members, seconded by Russell. Passed unanimously.
- Discussion on general about payment alternatives
- simplify the membership renewal (online payment).
- mulit-year membership
- Allow members who aren't present to vote.
covered in constitution by proxy votes
- a distro respin that installed as a network firewall, caching server, and NAS.
- convert more Netbox desktop cases into kiddie computers
The next Executive meeting is pencilled in to be held at 2:30PM on Saturday 09/July/2011.
The meeting was closed by Russell Stuart at 03:10 PM