Executive Meeting 20/Aug/2011

Opening

Meeting opened at 2:15 PM by Russell Stuart.

Present:

Apologies:

Regular Agenda

Accepting Previous Minutes


MOTION raised by Russell Stuart to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Matthew Franklin. Passed unanimously.

Treasurer's Report

--- Current Cash Position ---

Current Bank Balance: $6927.26 Cash Box: $70.00

Total cash position (as of 20/08/2011): $6997.26

--- Summary Position ---

Previous total position plus brought forward expenses: +$6769.26 Plus brought forward unpaid expenses: +$148.00 Total adjusted previous position: +$6917.26

Income since last Executive Meeting: +$120.00 Expenses (including those brought forward) since last Executive Meeting: -$148.00

Total Summary Position with income minus expenses as of 20/08/2011: +$6889.26

--- Description of Activities Since Last Executive Meeting ---

There has been 6 new memberships totalling $120.00 since last Executive meeting.

Expense reimbursements outstanding from the previous meeting are for the trolley and PO Box. I expect these to be settled on the day of the Executive meeting.

The excess float in the cash box totalling $80.00 has been deposited into the HUMBUG bank account. Since the last deposit there has been an additional $20 that needs to be banked.

--- Current Cash Position ---

Current Bank Balance: $6927.26 Cash Box: $70.00

Total cash position (as of 20/08/2011): $6997.26

--- Summary Position ---

Previous total position plus brought forward expenses: +$6769.26 Plus brought forward unpaid expenses: +$148.00 Total adjusted previous position: +$6917.26

Income since last Executive Meeting: +$120.00 Expenses (including those brought forward) since last Executive Meeting: -$148.00

Total Summary Position with income minus expenses as of 20/08/2011: +$6889.26

--- Description of Activities Since Last Executive Meeting ---

There has been 6 new memberships totalling $120.00 since last Executive meeting.

Expense reimbursements outstanding from the previous meeting are for the trolley and PO Box. I expect these to be settled on the day of the Executive meeting.

The excess float in the cash box totalling $80.00 has been deposited into the HUMBUG bank account. Since the last deposit there has been an additional $20 that needs to be banked.


MOTION raised by Mark Ellem to accept the Treasurer's report, seconded by Matthew Franklin. Passed unanimously.

Vice President's Report

--- Membership Numbers ---

At the last Exec meeting when I report on the numbers we had 23 members. After that meeting Mark and I got the receipt books together and the membership forms and did a though audit and found that the numbers where correct.

We now have 28 members. So 5 more have joined up since the last report and out those 5 there has been 3 that joined up as the result of the email reminders that Russell sent out. All 3 have paid via direct debit. All are renewing members. So far this year we have only had 5 new members.

--- Dinner Event ---

I organised a dinner event for the 6th of this month. It went well apart from me not having a full list of everyone attending and a late change in venue. Needless to say I owe a couple of people a drink of their choice.

Apart from that the night went well and I think it might be a good idea to hold another on the 12th of November. Minus the stuff ups.


MOTION raised by Matthew Franklin to accept the Vice President's report, seconded by Greg Black. Passed unanimously.

Librarian's Report

The main news is the move of humbug.org.au from a Linode in Fremont, USA to another Linode in London, UK this week. Apart from slow updates of the DNS due to long TTLs that weren't changed before the move, the new setup seems to be functioning normally. The df results are a bit odd, but I haven't had time to find out why.

In June, we saw:

$ df -h

Now, we have:

$ df -h

So we have a bigger space allocation, but the 'used' amount seems to have tripled. Perhaps we should look into that.

Backups: according to the logs and the lack of whining from the backup scripts, all is going as it should.

The state of the installed software is shown here:

$ sudo apt-get upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages have been kept back:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.

I don't know if we want to do anything about the packages that have been held back, but we should probably also discuss that.


MOTION raised by Greg Black to accept the President's report, seconded by Russell Stuart. Passed unanimously.

President's Report

This is my fourth Presidents report for this term.

Committee reports submitted at the last Exec meeting:

Things that have happened in the last 2 months:

1. Non financial members were sent reminders in time for the AGM.

2. Trolley has been purchased for the gear box.

3. At the invitation of the local Zeitgeist chapter I have a talk introducing Open Source and Humbug at their meeting.

4. This wasn't done by the committee, but deserves mention nonetheless. Clinton helped in the running of Library hack 2011 24 hour Lock-in.

The next exec meeting is this Saturday, the 2011-08-20 at 2 PM, just prior to the normal meeting. All are welcome to attend.

Reminder: the AGM will be held at 5 PM the following regular meeting, on Saturday the 3/Sept/2011. If you can't attend email your proxy to admin@lists.humbug.org.au from the email address we have on file for you.

The major business at the AGM will voting on changes I will propose for the constitution, and election of the 2011/2012 committee. Should the changes be accepted the 2011 committee will consist of:

- President - Secretary - Treasurer

I encourage everyone to put their name forward for these positions. I will be standing for President again.


MOTION raised by Russell Stuart to accept the President's report, seconded by Matthew Franklin. Passed unanimously.

Outstanding Action Items from previous minutes

Emailing Membership Renewals Reminders

General Business

Preparation for the AGM

AGM Format will be:

Closing

Closed

The meeting was closed by Russell Stuart at 2:45 PM