Executive Meeting 1/Oct/2011
Meeting opened at 2:20 PM by Russell Stuart.
- Russell Stuart (President)
- Clinton Roy
- Matthew Franklin
Accepting Previous Minutes
MOTION: ' raised by Matthew Franklin to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Russell Stuart. Passed
This is my first Presidents report for this term.
There we no reports for the previous exec meeting, as we had to allocate ourselves various tasks. We should have a full set of reports for tomorrow's meeting.
We allocated tasks to ourselves as follows:
Russell: Sysadmin. Matthew: room bookings, membership spreahsheet. Clinton: Treasurer.
Significant things in the last 3 months:
- Bank account signatures transferred. - Membership reminders emailed out. - Xmas dinner held at Neo's Pizza. - Room bookings for the next semester done, and up on wiki.
We have received a number of membership renewals via direct deposit. We hope to be sending an acknowledgement to the people who renewed like this soon.
Correspondence: Since the last Exec meeting there has been no correspondence to speak of.
Membership Numbers: We have 18 current members of which 3 have joined since the last Exec Meeting. Of those that have joined we have had no new members.
Room Bookings: Have been confirmed and the information has been posted on the Website.
MOTION: ' raised by Matthew Franklin to accept the report. Russell Staurt Seconded. Passed
- Unfortunately I have been unable to access the Humbug bank account and have been unable to perform my duties. Hopefully this will be fixed today.
- This has been fixed. In the Bank $6,979.85.
MOTION: ' raised by Clinton Roy to accept the report. Matthew Franklin Seconded. Passed
Backups available (these must have been sighted):
Date a backup was tested by a complete restore from backup only:
Percentage of disk space used:
- Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/xvda 20546820 5955576 14591244 29% /
List of packages that aren't up-to-date security wise:
Any major configuration changes since the last exec meeting:
- postfix alias file was pruned.
Changes to schedule of people with access to the box:
- none since last meeting.
Russell has gone to Commonwealth Bank and has got a deal with them to transfer $6,500 of our $6,979.85 into term deposit earning 5% per year.
Motion: To transfer $6,500 into a term deposit.
Raised by: Russell Stuart
Seconded: Matthew Franklin
Exec Meeting Times
Clinton has asked that Matthew publish the Exec meeting time in the announce email. Matthew said dooh. Will do in future.
- The next full exec meeting will be 2pm 4th of February
- Send out Exec meeting notice.
- Clinton to send out acks to members that have paid via Direct Deposit.
The meeting was closed by Russell Stuart at 2:45pm