Executive Meeting 23/June/2012
These are draft minutes only.
Meeting opened at 2:30 PM by Russell Stuart.
- Russell Stuart (President)
- Clinton Roy
- Matthew Franklin
- Mark Ellem
- Gary Curtis
Accepting Previous Minutes
MOTION: ' raised by Russell Stuart to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Clinton Roy
Reports submitted to previous exec meeting:
Presidents Report: done and accepted. Secretaries Report: done and accepted. Treasurers Report: done and accepted. Sysadmin Report: done and accepted.
1. Room bookings. Room bookings and we have a provisional allocation
- for next semester, but we have been asked to ring back on July 16'th to confirm them.
2. Our monthly meeting data quota has risen from 10Gb to 15Gb.
3. Clinton was elected to the LA committee. Congratulations Clinton
- on the win.
MOTION: ' raised by Russell Stuart to accept the report, seconded by Matthew Franklin
Correspondence: None since the last Exec meeting.
Membership Numbers: We have 21 current members of which 3 have joined since the last Exec Meeting. All via Direct deposit.
Mentions of Opensource: Put up the mentions on the website. Done.
Access to Netbank: Get the term deposit account added. Done.
Roombookings: To write up an email to send to roombookings. Sent the request email to Russell and as Russell has stated in his report we now have a provisional allocation.
MOTION: ' raised by Matthew Franklin to accept the report, second by Russell Stuart
MOTION: ' raised by Clinton Roy to accept the report. Russell Stuart Seconded. Passed
Backups available (these must have been sighted):
Date a backup was tested by a complete restore from backup only:
Percentage of disk space used:
- Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/xvda 20546820 6226452 14320368 31% /
List of packages that aren't up-to-date security wise:
Any major configuration changes since the last exec meeting:
- /etc/apt/sources has been pointed to archive.debian.org.
Changes to schedule of people with access to the box:
- none since last meeting.
Excalibur is currently running Debian lenny, which is no longer getting security updates. It needs to be updated to something newer.
Debian wheezy will be the next release of Debian. It is being frozen on 2012-06-30 in preparation for it becoming the next stable release of Debian. (In Debian parlance frozen doesn't mean all changes stop, just that they slow down. The emphasis shifts to fixing bugs rather than packaging new versions of software. If a maintainer wants to upload a new upstream version of a package he has to ask for permission, and as time goes on "ask" changes to "beg", "plead", ...)
So, at this stage my plan is to wait until wheezy stabilises a bit (later this year), then upgrade excalibur to it. This isn't hard to test - you just download a backup, update /etc/apt/sources.list, then run apt-get dist upgrade. All offers of help are most welcome.
MOTION: ' raised by Russell Stuart to accept the report. Matthew Franklin Seconded. Passed
- Roombookings: Russell has put it in his diary to ring room bookings back on the 16th of July.
- Term Deposit: Matthew and Clinton both have access to the Cheque Account but not the term deposit. Both are okay with this as the term deposit doesn't get touched.
- Software Freedom Day: Sandra Mansell has brought up the issue of what we intend to do software freedom day. Russell and Clinton spoke about doing this in the past and not having any joy with such an event. Clinton will see if we can get a hold free cds and give them out at the Edge.
- The next full exec meeting will be 04/08/2012.
- Roombookings: Make sure that Russell calls roombookings and if there are any problems help him deal with them.
- Write up the Treasure's Report and submit.
- Roombookings: Russell to ring up roombookings on the 16th of July.
The meeting was closed by Russell Stuart at 02:50pm