Executive Meeting 18/August/2012
Meeting opened at 2:30 PM by Russell Stuart.
- Russell Stuart (President)
- Matthew Franklin
- Clinton Roy
Accepting Previous Minutes
MOTION: ' raised by Russell Stuart to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Matthew Franklin
Reports submitted to previous exec meeting:
Presidents Report: done and accepted. Secretaries Report: done and accepted. Treasurers Report: done and accepted. Sysadmin Report: done and accepted.
1. Room bookings. The provisional allocation we had has been confirmed,
- and is up on the web site (thanks Mat). We had one day we could not run a meeting - August 4th. This was because of UQ open day.
2. A dinner and a movie was organised for August 4th. Clinton, William
- (a ring in) and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.
3. The AGM date has been set for September 1st, 5 PM - ie the meeting
- following this one.
MOTION: ' raised by Russell Stuart to accept the report, seconded by Matthew Franklin
Correspondence: We have had just one from Ms Claire Pomery about UQ holding a careers night. I sent it out via announce.
Membership Numbers: We have 21 current members of none of which have joined since the last Exec Meeting.
Roombookings: All done till November.
MOTION: ' raised by Matthew Franklin to accept the report, second by Russell Stuart
MOTION: ' raised by Clinton Roy to accept the report. Russell Stuart Seconded. Passed
Backups available (these must have been sighted):
Date a backup was tested by a complete restore from backup only:
Percentage of disk space used:
- Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/xvda 20G 6.1G 14G 31% /
List of packages that aren't up-to-date security wise:
Any major configuration changes since the last exec meeting:
- - The package python-geoip installed. - /srv/http/humbug.org.au/wiki/wikiconfig.py only allows
- Australian IP's to create accounts.
Changes to schedule of people with access to the box:
- none since last meeting.
Just a note to those following these reports: based on my experiences with it installed on my laptop IMHO Debian Wheezy isn't ready for prime time yet. Admittedly my problems are mostly GUI related:
Most of these are upstream problems that will be fixed upstream because of the impending release.
Regardless, GUI related or not, upstream at fault or not, Debian Wheezy isn't up to the standard I expect of Debian stable and I would feel uncomfortable installing it on a production machine. This is hardly surprising of course, since Wheezy isn't Debian stable, it's Debian testing.
MOTION: ' raised by Russell Stuart to accept the report. Matthew Franklin Seconded. Passed
- Novell Group: Simon Elis a Humbug member who is also the President of the local Novell group has asked if the Novell group can hold their meetings along side Humbug. Matthew and Russell discussed it and the thinking is that the two groups share a lot of the same interests. Since there is only 4 members of the Novell group it should be easy to accommodate them.
- Result: Motion passed.
- The next full exec meeting will be the AGM which will be on the 01/09/2012.
- Write up the Treasure's Report and submit.
The meeting was closed by Russell Stuart at 02:52pm