Differences between revisions 8 and 9
Revision 8 as of 2017-07-15 07:58:43
Size: 4458
Editor: ClintonRoy
Comment:
Revision 9 as of 2017-07-15 08:06:08
Size: 4461
Editor: GregBlack
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 30: Line 30:
 * Meeting room bookings continue to be a bit of a pain point. We have support from ITEE,
  
so hopefully this will be sorted long term shortly.
 * Meeting room bookings continue to be a bit of a pain point. We have support from ITEE, so hopefully this will be sorted long term shortly.
Line 118: Line 117:
TASK: rest of exec to proof read it: Will review by the next meeting. TASK: rest of exec to proof read the draft CoC: Will review by the next meeting.
Line 133: Line 132:
* Action Item: tell the next exec that there needs to be twenty odd
  dollars in the
PayPal account for 20th May for internet costs. Maybe
 
make a calendar. Term deposit to roll over on the 15th February.
 * Action Item: tell the next exec that there needs to be thirty odd dollars in the !PayPal account for 20th May for internet costs. Maybe make a calendar. Term deposit to roll over on the 15th February.

Executive Meeting 15/07/2017

Opening

Meeting opened at 5:30 PM by the President.

Present:

  • Joel Addison (President)
  • Greg Black (Treasurer)
  • Clinton Roy (Secretary)
  • Simon Ellis
  • Russell Stuart

Apologies: None

Regular Agenda

Accepting Previous Minutes

MOTION raised by Joel to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Greg. Passed unanimously.

Secretary's Report - Clinton Roy

  • Meeting room bookings continue to be a bit of a pain point. We have support from ITEE, so hopefully this will be sorted long term shortly.


MOTION raised by Clinton to accept the report, seconded by Joel. Passed unanimously.


Treasurer's Report - Greg Black

Accounts

CBA Cheque Account

Date

Description

Amount

Balance

15-Jul-2017

Balance at previous meeting

1,706.05

CBA Term Deposit

Date

Description

Amount

Balance

11-Feb-2017

Balance at previous meeting

8,310.44

15-Oct-2016

Interest

132.79

8,443.23

15-Jun-2017

Interest

112.42

8,555.65

PayPal

Date

Description

Amount

Balance

22-Jan-2017

Balance at previous meeting

48.10

18-May-2017

Openvirtuals hosting USD 20

-28.01

20.09

Membership

  • Financial members at previous meeting

    17

    New members joining

    0

    Renewing members

    0

    Financial members as at 15-Jul-2017

    17


MOTION raised by Greg to accept the report, seconded by Clinton. Passed unanimously.


President's Report - Joel Addison

There have been room issues in the past two months, stemming from staff changes at UQ. Clinton has done very well to organise rooms for all meetings, often at the last minute. I would like to thank him for his work on this.

We have seen several new people come through meetings this year, which is excellent. Meetup.com seems to be a key source of these people, which shows the benefit of having our meetings on there. Hopefully some of these people will become regular members, to keep HUMBUG going into the future.

A bid will be submitted for LCA in 2020, held on the Gold Coast. I have worked with HUMBUG members and other interested people to prepare this bid, and we are close to completing it. A group visited venues last month, which has helped greatly with choosing where we would like to host the conference. I have prepared a budget, based on the proposals received from venues, which indicates the conference is viable, even with a commercial venue. The bid will be finalised by the end of July, and is expected to be submitted to Linux Australia within this time also.


MOTION raised by Clinton to accept the report, seconded by Greg. Passed unanimously.

Sysadmin Report

  • Backups available (these must have been sighted): 2017-07-15.
  • Date a backup was tested by a complete restore from backup only: 2017-07-15.
  • Percentage of disk space used:
    • Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

      /dev/xvda       180G  7.0G  174G   4% /

  • List of packages that aren't up-to-date security wise: (none)
  • Any major configuration changes since the last exec meeting: None.
  • Changes to schedule of people with access to the box: None.


MOTION raised by Clinton to accept the report, seconded by Greg. Passed unanimously.

Outstanding Action Items from previous minutes

TASK: rest of exec to proof read the draft CoC: Will review by the next meeting.

General Business

Closing

Next Meeting

The next AGM meeting is pencilled in to be held at 5 PM on Saturday 23/09/2017.

Closed

The meeting was closed by the President at 5:55pm


Outstanding Action Items

  • Action Item: tell the next exec that there needs to be thirty odd dollars in the PayPal account for 20th May for internet costs. Maybe make a calendar. Term deposit to roll over on the 15th February.

Exec/Minutes/20170715 (last edited 2017-07-15 08:06:08 by GregBlack)