The Schwag Bag is the bag that's full of goodies. This bid I feel should look at the Schwag Bag and make it our own. Lets make every item something usable.
- Sunscreen - You can't beat that branded lca sunscreen. Kinda important when holding the event in Brisbane and it's one item that is sure to be used.
- Water bottle - good quality.
Hat - Akubra hats ($100 approx) for the Professional Delegates and an Australian non Akubra hat but with the same feel for the Non Professionals ($35 approx) now the really nice thing is that Akubra can "Brand" the hats with the lca 2011 logo. This keeps with the style of the hat. This is what they call their laser engraved logo. I'll need to email to get further details and prices which I now have done 12/4/09. I will leave further details on the Hat link.
- T-Shirt. Lets not make the mistake of not getting unisex shirts. By getting unisex shirts it reduces the amount of shirts we need to buy as well as makes it easier to manage and to sell the left over shirts.
- Calico Bag. The desire is to try to get as many things made in Australia as possible and that includes the Calico bag. The reality of these bags is that their only purpose is to carry the goodies. So lets not spend that much money on them.
Booklet. I know from my professional experience working in the printing industry that we might be better to produce these our selves. I have access to a die cutting machine so once printing using a standard laser printer it would be a small task to produce the booklets. Also having a laser printer would mean that we could create our own signs and do all the printing for the event. Cost $1,000 for a laser printer, paper $300-$400, toner cartridges 5c/sheet * 30,000 sheets = $1,500. Time on die cutter $500 this includes the form or machine as well as the wire/plastic binders. The advantage of this would be that we can then use the laser printer for other work like making posters, signs etc. all up $3,400. Please click on the Booklet link to add further information.
- Sponsorship flyers and pamphlets.
This page is dedicated to the subject of hats. Here you can place links to hat quotes (hatquote1 for the 1st quote etc).
Akubra Quote 1 is here. Summary Akubra can do hats for $80 + a $50 setup fee for the laser engraving for orders over 100 to 500. See full quote for further details.
- Maybe we should offer an alternative to the Cattleman hat to Professionals who do not wish to get a hat made of animal products. An idea is to offer the Capricorn hat that was quoted. Even better, offer the Capricorn as the regular hat and the Cattleman as the Professional Hat. This allows us to offer the Capricorn hat if they don't want a Cattleman.
- I now have another quote from a different Australian Hat maker, Jacaru. The offer was for a acrylic hat called the Bushranger. The price is $17.80 per hat. A logo can be embroidered. This cost $130 make ready fee and then $4 per hat after that. We will need to see if it's up to spec making sure that the feel and look of that hat is reasonable.
The Booklet is one of the main ways we pass information to the Delegates. It's important that this information is as up to date as possible. -- Matt
- The Booklet's schedule should be tied to the website's schedule. That way we only need to change the information in one place for it to be updated within the Booklet. This I feel should be the way the Booklet works. We link most of the book to information on the web pages which we can then massage into the printed booklet. -- Matt
- It's nice to see the logo on every page but make it unobtrusive. -- Matt
Okay I have now managed to get a few quotes together from professional printing places. Most places won't guaranty prices for 2011 so best bet is to add 10-20% onto current figures for the final cost. -- Matt
- Kwik Kopy in Geebung has given me this quote.. QTY 1,000 Description: 116pp plus 4pp cover, cover 200gsm, inside 100gsm, Full Colour throughout laser printed, Burst bound (Think normal book. This binding method is cheaper but has 90' rotation limit). Cost: $16,665. --Matt 24/409
- Carboard Box Company (Yep where I work).. QTY 1,000 Description: 116pp plus 4pp cover 200gsm, inside 100gsm/80gsm, wire bound (almost 360' of rotation), offset printed or similar with full colour. Cost: $7,500. Cheaper due to the method of printing. Laser printing is really only good for short runs. --Matt 24/4/09
I have put in quotes from other places but I am waiting for their responses.
T-Shirt and Other Stuff
Okay I got two quotes from companies. On is called QLD t-shirt company and the other is Official. Both are based here in Brisbane. It took 3 weeks to get a quote from Official and their prices are far higher. Also I have a done up a speadsheet looking at all the prices and breaking down the cost per person in relation to whether we get 100, 200/250, 500 and 1000 people. You'll see what I mean if you look at it.
Official 1st. Their T-shirts begin at $20.5, sunscreen $8.15, woven tote bag $3.50. See OfficialQuote010609
All prices are their lowest price. --Matt
Initial Rough Schwag Budget
Okay here is my very rough and by no means complete or nearly complete budget SchwagInitialBudget300509 enjoy.