Older news items (from the front page)
[rs 2008-10-07] The final version of the bid document has been submitted, Stewart Smith of Linux Australia has conducted the official sniff of bid team and our proposal, and now the final version of the budget has been submitted. The only thing left to do is wait for the decision. Stewart said that would take 2 weeks, ie by about Monday 2008-10-20.
[rs 2008-09-01] After far too much drama, our bid was submitted. LA has promised to give feedback by the 5th (this Friday). However there are still things to do, with the deadline being the Fri 19th of September:
- Preparing the budget.
- Getting letters of support from local Open Source businesses.
- and, after those two things are done, final polishing of the bid document.
[rs 2008-08-07] Just found out we now have dates for bid submission. Bottom line: Friday, 29 August.
- [rs 2008-02-02] Hobart Won! Well, that wasn't good, but everyone is looking forward to cool LCA 2009 next summer so it isn't that bad either. And congratulations to Hobart. Looking on the bright side, we have done all the hard work so we can spend our time adding bling to the 2010 bid.
- [rs 2007-12-07] The committee (or a fair portion of it anyway - thanks for turning up guys) got interviewed by LA representatives over diner at the 2007-12-01 meeting. They promised we will have a decision by 2007-12-15. We have to get promotional materials done should we win, so it will be all systems go!
- [rs 2007-09-23] Turns out the firm dates we had for Linux Australia were wrong. The correct bid submission deadline is Fri, 28 September.
[rs 2007-07-10] Thanks to Andy Fitzsimon, work has started on the logo. See the ArtWork page.
- [rs 2007-05-21] Team was elected at the Humbug meeting. This means everything is in place. Time to start writing the bid.
[rs 2007-04-30] You can now nominate yourself for the committee by adding your name to the LcaBid/2009/Team page.
[rs 2007-04-07] You can find the slides I gave for the talk at Humbug on my Home Page.
- [rs 2007-03-30] The wiki is ready for prime time!
This means you must login to your wiki account in order to use it. To create a new account, go to the UserPreferences page.
- [rs 2007-03-05] Still working on the wiki. Its now dressed up in Humbug colours!
- [rs 2007-01-20] The wiki is up - sort of. You can use it, but it will up and down like a yo-yo as I put the infrastructure in place. Sorry. Currently I am securing it, adding Authentication, possibly moving to FGI, adding an address book, etc, etc. This will take a day or to. Expect things to be moved around until I find a layout I like.