Humbug Annual General Meeting September 2005
AGM Commenced at 6:01 PM
Item 1: Confirmation of 2004 AGM minutes.
- Greg Black moved that the minutes be accepted.
- Motion was seconded by David Seikel.
- Motion put to the vote and passed unanimously.
Item 2: President's Report.
Not much has changed since last AGM: There was an issue involving meeting network traffic charges with UQ.UQ had sent us some bills for a substantial amount. The issue was resolved in a meeting with ITS at UQ. Club will have meeting bandwidth supplied in return for *NIX technical support on mailing lists for UQ staff and students, and for assistance maintaining UQs Computing Museum.
Item 3: Vice President's Report
Not much to add. Further clarification of meeting network traffic issues.
Item 4: Secretary's Report
Not much to add. Except for Issues mentioned, year uneventful.
Item 5: Treasurer's Report
We had two talks this year. Bank balance Approx $4500 Charges of Approx $150 web hosting charges (Humbug Website and Email)
Item 6: Executive Elections.
Outgoing Executive step down.
- President's Position: Previously Mark Suter.
- David Seikel nominates Mark Suter. Mark Suter accepts nomination. Robert Brockway seconds nomination.
- Clinton Roy Nominates Gary Curtis. Gary Curtis declines nomination.
- Mark Suter elected President, unopposed.
- Vice President's Position: Previously Timothy Hitchens.
- Mark Ellem nominates James Isseppi. James Isseppi accepts nomination. Greg Black seconds nomination.
- Robert Brockway nominates Timothy Hitchens. Timothy Hitchens accepts nomination. Gary Curtis seconds nomination.
- David Seikel nominates himself. Mark Ellem seconds nomination.
- Timothy Hitchens elected Vice President.
- Treasurer's Position: Previously Clinton Roy.
- Timothy Hitchens nominates Tim Kent. Gary Curtis seconds nomination. Tim Kent accepts nomination.
- Tim Kent elected Treasurer, unopposed.
- Secretary's Position: Previously Matthew Sellers.
- Timothy Hitchens nominates Greg Black. Greg Black declines nomination.
- David Seikel nominates himself. James Isseppi seconds Nomination.
- Mark Suter nominates David Starkoff David Starkoff declines nomination.
- David Seikel elected Secretary, unopposed.
- Librarian's Position: Previously Tony Bilbrough.
- Robert Brockway nominates Tony Billbrough. David Seikel seconds nomination. Tony absent but had given standing acceptance of nominations.
- Tony Bilbrough elected Librarian, unopposed.
Item 7: General Business.
Question: Gary Curtis. “Has network access been resolved?” Answer: “Yes” Robert Brockway moves a motion congratulating outgoing executive on resolving the traffic issue. David Seikel seconds motion.Motion passed unanimously.
Timothy Hitchens Comments: Keep an eye out for sponsorship. The club should look out for sponsorship opportunities. Clinton Roy Comments: Congratulations to those involved in the Software Freedom Day activities. Robert Brockway Comments: Robert points out that HUMBUG is now at its Tenth Anniversary.
Question: Mark Ellem. “Will there be future Install fests?” Answers: Linux has gotten easier to install. There are public liability issues creating a barrier. In the past this was addressed by groups like Redhat. We may be able to hold special Distribution demo meetings, within the context of our normal meetings. Every meeting is an Install fest.