HUMBUG AGM on 2007-09-08
(I will put editor comments in brackets.)
Meeting started at 18:02. Mark Suter, current president chairs. All executive members present. 29 financial members present and 7 proxies.
1. Confirmation of minutes of last AGM.
Motion - Raymond Smith to accept last AGM minutes, Andre Muys seconds. Unanimously passed.
2. Office bearers reports.
- President Mark Suter - Same as last year. May stand down, due to not being in Brisbane.
- Vice president James Iseppi - Bought new network equipment.
- Secretary David Seikel - 65 members this year, up from 49 last year. Raymond Smith asks about membership database, James Iseppi answers no database yet, but he is working on it.
- Treasurer Rohan Smith - only expenses are the new network equipment, post office box, and caliburn traffic charges. Raymond Smith asks about the cheque book mailing address issue. Problem has been sorted out.
- Librarian Scott Wilson - No borrowings. Encourages people to borrow. Stephen Thorne - what is in the library? Books, old linux journal magazines. He wants to stay on and catalog. Andre Muys mentions archival distros.
Raymond Smith moves to accept the reports, Stephen Thorne seconds. Unanimously passed.
Unless otherwise stated, Mark Suter runs the elections.
- President - Raymond Smith nominates Clinton Roy, seconded by Andre Muyes. Clinton Roy accepts.
- Mark Ellem nominates James Iseppi, seconded by Kim Hunter. James Iseppi accepts.
Clinton Roy mentions his online agenda at http://azure.humbug.org.au/~croy/DiyWiki/HumBug. He summarises.
- James Iseppi steals Clinton Roys platform.
- Clinton Roy wins.
- Vice president - Clinton Roy nominates Mark Suter, seconded by Raymond Smith. Mark Suter accepts, he wants to stay in an executive position. (Mark Suter will be in Executive as Immediate past president for the next year anyway.)
- Mark Ellem nominates James Iseppi, seconded by Mathew Franklin. James Iseppi accepts, he wants to improve HUMBUG and make it bigger.
- Stephen Thorne nominates Elspeth Thorne, seconded by Peter Tiggerdine. Elspeth Thorne accepts.
- Elspeth Thorne says she is the current talks organiser, she has experience organising groups, and she will be the token female. Peter Tiggerdine asks if she has time.
- Elspeth Thorne responds that she spends the time with HUMBUG anyway.
- Scott Wilson runs election.
- James Iseppi wins.
- Secretary - Raymond Smith nominates David Seikel, seconded by James Iseppi. David Seikel accepts.
- Stephen Thorne nominates Scott Wilson, seconded by Rohan Smith. Scott Wilson accepts.
- Mark Suter nominates Gary Curtis, Gary Curtis declines via proxy.
- Scott Wilson wins.
- Treasurer - Raymond Smith nominates Rohan Smith, seconded by Andre Muys. Rohan Smith declines.
- Clinton Roy nominates Elspeth Thorne, seconded by Raymond Smith. Elspeth Thorne accepts.
- Elspeth Thorne wins by default.
Librarian - Scott Wilson nominates David Seikel, seconded by James McPherson. David Seikel accepts.
- Raymond Smith nominates Russel Stuart. Russel Stuart declines.
- James Iseppi nominates Mark Ellem, seconded by Nathan Craike. Mark Ellem accepts.
- Mark Ellem speaks - wants to create database and catalog.
- Anthony Towns asks if we have storage for the library, Scott Wilson responds it is at his place, and he does not have much storage space.
- Mark Ellem wins.
4. Other business.
Raymond Smith moves a motion of thanks to Mark Suter for being HUMBUGs long time president, seconded by Peter Tiggerdine. Passed.
Clinton Roy reminds us about non elected positions.
Peter Tiggerdine asks about cross posting meeting announcements between SAGE-AU and HUMBUG announce list. Andre Muys wants to see it happen. No one objects.