1. President's Report for HUMBUG 2011 AGM
Welcome to the Humbug 2011 AGM. We have decided to keep this years reports as brief and to the point.
This was a big year for Humbug. We hosted LCA 2011. It was during a record flood, our venue was wiped out - yet we pulled it off.
The rest of the year has gone pretty smoothly. Matthew will give you the membership numbers, and Mark will give the treasurers report. Suffices membership has gone down, but the bank account has gone up. One thing that won't be mentioned in the membership report is we typically have in excess of 30 people in the Humbug IRC channel at any one time.
Other notable things that happened this year are:
- We have moved over to Internet banking, surrendering the cheque book and cancelling the paper bank statements.
- We moved the PO box to the UQ Postoffice. As it was only used for bank statements we aren't planning on renewing it next year.
- As the library hasn't been used in years, its contents was given away or otherwise disposed of. The only property Humbug now owns is in the meeting equipment box. It has grown in size since LCA, and has now acquired wheels.
- The Humbug VM continues to be hosted on a Virtual Machine provided by Stephen Thorne. It moved from the US an the UK recently, but otherwise continues to tick over.
And that about sums the year. I new hand your over our VP for his report.