Executive Meeting 6/2/2010
- Regular Agenda
- Other Agenda Items
- Next Meeting
- Uncompleted Actions
Meeting is opened by Russell Stuart at 2:23pm.
- Russell Stuart (President)
- Matthew Franklin (Vice President)
- Mark Ellem (Treasurer)
- Clinton Roy (Secretary)
- Stephen Thomas (Librarian)
- Greg Black (Sysadmin)
- ?? (Talks Liaison)
- ?? (Events Organiser)
- ?? (Ordinary Members)
- Charles Murray
- Dave Formosa
- Simon Ellis
Accepting Previous Minutes
MOTION raised by Russell to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Mark. Passed unanimously.
- Snail Mail via the PO box: One mail for the old holder of the PO box. One mail for the treasurer (yet to be passed on).
Email via email@example.com: One member application, have to check that the money has come in.
- City Studios: City Studios approached a number of groups in the open/creative space with an offer of cheap rental space. As an active member of two of the approached groups (Humbug and Hackerspace) I went along to an inspection of the site in the center of the city. It's a huge old building and has a lot of potential for the right clients. I communicated that while Humbug was happy to help, we're not in any financial situation to pay for space.
- Put in a form to get a regular talking room at Brisbane central library.
MOTION raised by Matthew to accept the report, seconded by Steven. Passed unanimously.
- in terms of balance: $6772.35
- cheque for caliburn accounts, only expense.
- cashbox: $130
- treasurer to send report to secretary.
- four new members
- Clinton recommends using the cash box amount gets recorded more frequently.
MOTION raised by Clinton to accept the report, seconded by Matthew. Passed unanimously.
Vice President's Report
To advertise OSDC on the main page: Not completed. Deep down I felt it was too little to late as there was a very small time window for people to attend.
To organize the pack up roster. To get new room bookings. Partially completed. I will fill it out as the year progresses.
To get new room bookings. Completed for the first 6 months see meetings report. Post help information to the wiki to help people use the lists more effectively. Completed enough to say I have done it but I should include more information.
Meetings Rosters: So far we now have roosters up to the 1/5/2010. I'll complete these further as the year progresses.
Room Bookings: I chased up our room bookings in mid November. I was informed that we would need to have insurance cover in order to obtain the room bookings. I found out that Linux Australia (LA) had supplied us with our cover last year. I then talked to the Secretary of LA in relation to obtaining insurance for the meetings. He then sent me the PDF certificate (Sun 6/12/09). I sent it off as an email to room bookings (7/12/09) and got an email (9/12/09) and a form to fill out via snail mail (10/12/09 they just needed the signature). Sent it back via express post (10/12/09). Got notice that they had received it and were processing it. After a few emails to the room bookings department I found out the head of the department was doing an audit of room bookings. That the head would therefore be looking at HUMBUG's case for room bookings. At that point Russell stepped in and talked to the Secretary of ITS on the 22/12/09 asking him for help in this matter. The head of ITS endorsed a letter being sent to the room bookings department informing them of ITS sponsoring Humbug. On the 4/01/2010 Russell sent the Exec an email informing us of the room bookings along with the details of the room bookings. These were then posted to the list and published on the wiki. I have now made plans to apply for room bookings in March for the rest of the year.
Meeting Numbers: Approx numbers are 15 on average. We have had about one fresh member.
Numbers: We have currently 35 members of which there is only one is a new member. Since the last exec meeting there have been four people who have joined up of which only one has been a new member.
- I was contacted by one person since the last Exec meeting. I have forwarded the private emails and my replies to the private exec list as the contact was made in private.
MOTION raised by Steven to accept the report, seconded by Mark. Passed unanimously.
- No requests.
- No operational issues.
- Packaging for planet.humbug installation.
- packaging for backup scripts
MOTION raised by ?? to accept the report, seconded by ??. Passed unanimously.
MOTION raised by Clinton to accept the report, seconded by Steven. Passed unanimously.
Non Executive Reports
Other Agenda Items
Simon asks about quota problems. It seems the unmetered quota gets used up. ACTION: Clinton to ask ITS to increase quota.
Closing of older mailing lists
MOTION raised by Russell to close the following mailing lists:
- blipvert - chat - csig - dsig - talks
Closing means they will be moved of the lists page, and will no longer accept new posts. The archives remain available for the foreseeable future.
Seconded by Matthew. Passes with one against.
ACTION for Steven: Lodge Trac ticket to implement above motion.
Linux Home Server HOWTO
Miles Brennan has offered up control of his _Linux Home Server HOWTO_ to Humbug for us to maintain. The Executive needs to determine if we should accept this work and how it might be maintained.
The general consensus is that it will be difficult to find someone to maintain it.
Russell: I'd like to formally change our executive meeting procedures so that only reports emailed can be formally accepted at a committee meeting. Those not accepted will be deemed for the purposes of my Presidents Report to be not given.
MOTION raised by Russell: Only reports mailed to <admin AT lists DOT IGNORE THIS humbug AND THIS DOT org AND FINALLY DOT THIS au> or <general AT lists DOT IGNORE THIS humbug AND THIS DOT org AND FINALLY DOT THIS au> at least 12 hours prior to the commencement of the Executive meeting can be formally accepted at that meeting.
Seconded by Clinton. Passed unanimously.
rs: The spare PO box key. ACTION: Clinton to see the postoffice about how much a new key (or set of keys) is.
The next Executive meeting is pencilled in on for First of May, 2pm prior to the normal meeting.
From the 14/11/2009 exec meeting
From the 19/09/2009 exec meeting
- ACTION: Clinton to correct references from Quoll to David Formosa.
The meeting was closed by Russell at 3:05pm.