Executive Meeting 11/Dec/2010
Meeting opened at 2:35 PM by Russell Stuart.
- Russell Stuart (President)
- Greg Black (Librarian)
- Simon Ellis
- David Formosa
- Clinton Roy
- Stephen Thomas
- Matthew Franklin
Accepting Previous Minutes
MOTION raised by Russell Stuart to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Greg Black. Passed unanimously.
- 1 snailmail from Australia Post.
MOTION raised by Russell Stuart to accept the report, seconded by Clinton Roy. Passed unanimously.
Vice President's Report
- Vice President contacted Russell to say he had a family emergency he had to attend to. He will submit his report soon.
Nothing fell over or died in the last period, so I have nothing to report. I would also like to see the Exec discuss the idea of changing the Librarian position to Sysadmin.
MOTION raised by Greg Black to accept the report, seconded by Clinton Roy. Passed unanimously.
This is my first Presidents report for this term.
Committee reports submitted at the last Exec meeting:
Vice President: done & accepted by the exec. Secretary: done & accepted by the exec. Treasurer: done & accepted by the exec. Librarian: done & accepted by the exec.
The committee distributed the jobs among themselves in much the same way as last year. Just so you know who is responsible for what:
- Russell Stuart: President, who does nothing much. Matthew Franklin: Vice President. Also in charge of meeting rooms and
- the membership lists.
Briefly, things that have happened in the last 3 months:
1. The LCA Competition was held and won. This was a supposed to be
- a membership drive. It didn't attract many members, but it did do a reasonable job of promoting LCA among the Uni students.
2. We are in the process of disposing of the library. I will be
- picking up some bits and pieces from David Seikel and putting them on a table at the next committee meeting. What doesn't disappear will go to the tip.
3. Our meeting rooms for the next six months were booked with UQ.
- Again, we are indebted to UQ ITS for booking them on our behalf. Without ITS sponsoring us we would not have the rooms.
Finally, the next exec meeting is this Saturday, the 2010-12-11 at 2 PM, just prior to the normal meeting. All are welcome to attend.
MOTION raised by Russell Stuart to accept the report, seconded by Greg Black. Passed unanimously.
Outstanding Action Items from previous minutes
- PO Box Key has been collected.
1. Clinton an outing to see Tron.
1. Clinton organising a Christmas outing, possibly this will be combined with Tron.
The next Executive meeting is pencilled in to be held at 2 PM on Saturday 19/Feb/2011.
The meeting was closed by Russell Stuart at 2:46 PM