Executive Meeting 23/05/2015
Meeting opened at 09:10 PM by Russell Stuart.
- Russell Stuart
- Matthew Franklin
- Mark Ellem
- Simon Ellis
- Tony Bilbrough
- Peter Hall
- John Keo
- Barry Fletcher
- Tim Kent
- David Makpeace
Accepting Previous Minutes
MOTION: raised by Matthew to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Russell. Passed unanimously.
- Went to UQ Lost property - Cash Box most likely thrown out.
- Went to Bank - fixed banking accesses finally.
- Can arrange Term Deposit transfer by email.
MOTION: raised by Russell Stuart to accept this report, seconded by Mark Ellem. Passed unanimously.
- Previous balance for the HUMBUG bank account was $1699.40
- Income since last exec meeting was $60.04. This was made up of 3 membership payments and 4 cents of bank interest. The closing balance is $1739.44.
- The current balance of the Term Deposit account is $7053.59. No new transactions have occured on this account since the last exec meeting.
$20.00 from 1 member is currently in the PayPal account and not in the bank account.
MOTION: raised by Mark Ellem to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Matthew Franklin. Passed unanimously.
Membership: We have only had one two renewing membership.
Communication: I have had a number of contacts. Most have been spam but a couple
PRCC - On the 18 April I was contacted by Geoff Isacc (Pine Rivers Computer Club) asking Humbug for help in running a Linux Seminar which they are in the very early stages planning for maybe sometime in 2016. I gave them contact details of LA and said if they had specifics in mind then I would put the requests to Humbug. I know that PRCC growing Linux user base. It would be fair to say that for most of their members they wouldn't be interested in attending an LCA or Pycon. They will be holding a Linux Special Interest meeting tomorrow which I will attend.
Personal - I have had one contact for information from Robert Marshall.
MOTION: raised by Matthew Franklin to accept the previous minutes, seconded by Russell Stuart. Passed unanimously.
- Backups available (these must have been sighted): 2015-05-22.
- Date a backup was tested by a complete restore from backup only: 2015-02-14.
- Percentage of disk space used:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/xvda 50G 6.7G 44G 14% /
- List of packages that aren't up-to-date security wise: (none)
- Any major configuration changes since the last exec meeting: None.
- Changes to schedule of people with access to the box: tomas given sudo access.
- The move to cheaper registrar still happening.
- Currently moving to MTA to exim, and adding spamassassin.
MOTION: raised by Russell to accept the report, seconded by Matthew Franklin. Passed unanimously.
- Humbug sponsoring Pycon Pre-authorisation. We have done this in previous years $50/student. There are 6 Universities and Russell suggests
- Motion: For Humbug to sponsor students upto $600 to go to Pycon-Au, seconded by Mark Ellem. Passed unanimously.
- Banking - Accounts now sorted.
- Membership renewals - Russell just needs to setup the paypal page.
- Russell, Matt and possiblly Mark to go Pine Rivers Computer Club Meeting 24/05/2015 due to them holding a special Linux session.
- The Exec will be on the held on 15/08/2015.
- Room Renewals - Sort out the new roombookings
- 09:30 PM.