- [rs 2008-08-08] Email the Convention Centre asking them to update their quote.
[rs 2008-06-14] The 2009 page has a list of suitable venues and contact details. They need to be contacted again.
I think the penguin dinner has become a rather tired old event in recent years. Attendees of previous LCA's have seen and heard all it too many times before. Either the format should be changed or it should be scrapped. Put your suggestions for inclusions for the agenda here:
- [rs 2007-04-13]
- A local orchestra perhaps?
- Or maybe organise some attendees with musical skills to give a performance.
- Or maybe "bring your laptop and play a huge organised competitive game".
- [et 2007-05-20]
One of the orchestras in Queensland Youth Orchestras would probably be able to do it - may cost some though.
- Scrap the auction. It gets more and more painful every year.
- Replace it with ... ?
- Gold coin donation activity (eg, dunk linus on open day style event) (fundraising replacement item)
- Non boring, geeky trivia (time limited) (prizes?) (speaker-submitted questions)
Sometimes called the Penguin Dinner. In the past is has been a place people have sat down to a catered meal, and prizes have been handed out and auctions held. See the description for last years event to get an idea.
- Set piece meal with wine served.
- Expect approx 700 people, +/- a hundred.
- Speeches and whatnot given, so A/V facilities are required.
- Traditionally held later in the week.
- You must have costings!