The Schwag Bag is the bag that's full of goodies. This bid I feel should look at the Schwag Bag and make it our own. Lets make every item something usable.
- Sunscreen - You can't beat that branded lca sunscreen. Kinda important when holding the event in Brisbane and it's one item that is sure to be used.
- Water bottle - good quality.
- Akubra hats ($100 approx) for the Professional Delegates and an Australian non Akubra hat but with the same feel for the Non Professionals ($35 approx) now the really nice thing is that Akubra can "Brand" the hats with the lca 2011 logo. This keeps with the style of the hat. This is what they call their laser engraved logo. I'll need to email to get further details and prices which I now have done 12/4/09. I will leave further details on the Hat link.
- T-Shirt. Lets not make the mistake of not getting unisex shirts. By getting unisex shirts it reduces the amount of shirts we need to buy as well as makes it easier to manage and to sell the left over shirts.
- Calico Bag. The desire is to try to get as many things made in Australia as possible and that includes the Calico bag. The reality of these bags is that their only purpose is to carry the goodies. So lets not spend that much money on them.
- I know from my professional experience working in the printing industry that we might be better to produce these our selves. I have access to a die cutting machine so once printing using a standard laser printer it would be a small task to produce the booklets. Also having a laser printer would mean that we could create our own signs and do all the printing for the event. Cost $1,000 for a laser printer, paper $300-$400, toner cartridges 5c/sheet * 30,000 sheets = $1,500. Time on die cutter $500 this includes the form or machine as well as the wire/plastic binders. The advantage of this would be that we can then use the laser printer for other work like making posters, signs etc. all up $3,400. Please click on the Booklet link to add further information.
- Sponsorship flyers and pamphlets.